Competition timeline (Helsinki/Tallinn time zone, UTC+3)
Testing session – Thursday, May 6th, 18:00 o’clock
Competition – Saturday, May 8th, 10:00-15:00 o’clock
Grading – Sunday, May 9th, and Monday, May 10th.
Moderation – Tuesday, May 11th. Students will have 24 hours for submitting their claims.
Final results – Wednesday, May 12th
Final ceremony – Thursday, May 13th
A maximum of 120 contestants is allowed. Main countries (Finland, Estonia, Sweden, and Latvia) can send a team of around 20 contestants. Guest countries can send a team of 5 contestants. There is still room for one or two guest countries. For participation please send an e-mail to email@example.com with all the names, ages, and e-mails of Your team members.
All contestants (main and guest countries) that participate in the competition receive a diploma of participation. Virtual medals will be given to any contestant that does well in the competition. Only contestants from the main countries can receive a non-virtual prize.
The competition lasts for 5 hours. The students are expected to join the zoom meeting 30 minutes in advance. Supervisors and hosts are expected to come 1 hour in advance. Zoom supervisors are only from the main countries.
Instructions for students In addition to the standard rules of the competition:
• Toilet breaks are allowed during the competition and there is no need to inform us about it.
• You do not need to remove labels from your snacks or water bottles.
• If your internet connection fails, contact one of the coaches of your country.
• We allow the same device for streaming and for viewing of the problems.
• The setup should be such that the supervisors can see your workstation in full. An example will be provided in the test session.
• Contestants should mark clearly on their solution what problem they are answering.
• In moderation the contestants submit a written claim based on the grading scheme. The grader either accepts or rejects the claim.
Details about the experimental setup will come on Monday (by the latest).
We will organize a testing session on Thursday, May 6th, at 18:00 o’clock (Helsinki/Tallinn time zone, UTC+3). All students and supervisors are expected to participate.
Main countries – 20 euros per contestant
Guest countries – 30 euros per contestant
Regarding the fee, the team leaders will be connected personally during the next week.